Eligibility: Any resident (except past or present Perth Civitan Club members) of The Town of Perth, Tay Valley Township or Drummond/North Elmsley Township are eligible for this award.
Nomination: Submission for this award must be in writing and mailed to Civitan Club of Perth Inc., P.O. Box 20144, Perth, Ontario K7H 3M6 or emailed to email@example.com
Submission: Completed submissions must be received no later than Saturday, February 22nd 2020
Presentation ; To be presented at the annual STAMPEDE STEAKOUT (event hosted by Civitan Club of Perth) to a local resident who has went above & beyond to make their community a better place with no monetary gain for themselves.
Criteria ; Being a Civitan Hometown Hero to someone in the community can be....
a personal act of kindness towards those less fortunate or in need
- providing a community service to the community at large (playing Santa or any similar act)
- volunteering at the local Food Bank, hospital or other charitable cause
- a community project that the nominee was either the chairperson or very involved (hands on) in the project
- making recommended changes for the betterment of the community and then implementing those changes
- volunteering their time to coach and/or mentor other members of the community
- acts that positively impact the quality of community members lives.
Selection Committee: This committee shall consist of 6 current, active Perth Civitan Club members. Decision of this committee is final.
Quorum: A quorum of the Selection Committee shall be considered 50% plus one committee members (Committee of 6 = 4 members must be present)
Hometown Heroes Award can be picked up at Twp of Drummond/North Elmsley office (310 Port Elmsley Road, RR 5, Perth); Tay Valley Twp office (217 Harper Road, Tay Valley) and Town of Perth office - back counter (80 Gore Street East, Perth) Thanks!